Sunday, January 16, 2005

Surprisingly, I'm still awake. Just got off the phone with Em. Talked about "that girl" again. I don't see the point of being nice to a person who's obviously out to make your life miserable. That's the problem with Em; she's just too damn nice. As for me, once a person has crossed the boundaries of my friendship too often, I'll never forgive the person for whatever crap that the person pulls on me. Thank god I know how to select my friends better nowadays.



I just have this feeling that something big is going to happen soon. Not sure what it is though. My family problems has got from bad to worse. Words like "court", "lawsuit" and "lawyers" keeps coming out nowadays; I hope nothing happens. I don't see the point of argument between the rest of the family against my grand-dad/aunt. Adults think everything can be work out through courts; sigh..if only people can get along with one another without any emotional baggage.



On the phone now with my cousin, D. D's having problems with Aunt J [her mum] AGAIN. This time is [yet again] about D's guy. D is now dating this guy from her workplace in Langkawi. I guess they're madly in love. The only problem is that Aunt J thinks her darling daughter deserves better. Why the hate towards the guy? Well, the guy is from a poor family and only has a diploma. Come on, doesn't mean a diploma can't get you anywhere. I know a few guys who are now very much well-off with only a diploma qualifications. D asked for my advice.



Well, my advice is just go for it. A person's status in life shouldn't be the basis of a relationship; a poor person could be rich the next day; one's future is never certain [only God knows our fate in life]. I don't know if I'm giving her the right advice since I'm very into the idea of "Nothing in life should stand in the way of love". Yet again, I don't want my cousin to go against my aunt but if it was my choice, I would totally choose my guy........I even asked my dad's opinion about it. To my surprise, he shares the same opinion as me, he's even willing to talk to my aunt about it [he said that maybe he can change his sister's mindset on the guy]. Proud of my dad now. I believe parents should control their child's life to a certain extent; I don't mind if there's a curfew for me or whether I need to call home if I'm not coming home for a night out on the town...one thing [among others] that I hate is restrictions on who I can/can't see [thank god, my parents don't have this]. I had this talk once with mum before; she said no matter who I choose as friends or bfs in the future, she won't object to my choices unless she knows for sure that person is no good.



Overall, I've learnt that you can't get love unless you're willingly to give and take. Wish you all the best, D. I'll support you no matter what.

No comments: