Sunday, October 16, 2005

I got a very unexpected phone call today from an old friend. The last time we met or spoken to each other is when we were 12 years old. We parted in quite a bad way. I regret the way we lost contact and the lack of effort in keeping a friendship work. We exchanged home addresses and so on. I'm looking forward in meeting up with her. and a few other friends. Sweet memories.

Anyway, my dress-hunting days are over. On Thursday [after a week of finding a dress], Fiona and myself decided to have our dresses tailor-made; saving time and effort to find a dress. Since Evonne got her dress made earlier this year, we decided to pay a visit to her tailor since my tailor is busy with Hari Raya orders and all. After Thursday's classes, I drove to Sri Petaling with Fiona. It was pretty easy to find the tailor's shop but the process of finding a parking space was "my-god" that bad. After showing our designs, the tailor gave some input on what would look good on us. So I decided on this long gown design. Hard to describe it; hopefully it turns out good.The cost to make the dress made me go over my budget by RM10 which is ok. I even get to pick my own fabric since I thought it would be cheaper.

After seeing the tailor, I parked my car at Bukit Jalil LRT Station to head over to Jalan TAR to get the fabrics. Fiona came along; I joked that for someone who is fasting [which is me], I sure had alot of energy to walk alot. After finding and buying the stuff we wanted for the dresses, we both took our trains separately. I was suppose to give the fabrics to the tailor on Saturday but I thought I might as well give it to her that same day. So from LRT station, I drove back to Sri Petaling to hand in the fabrics. As my friends would say, "It's worth every penny to get something u want". The dress would be ready a week before the prom. By that time, I'll be getting my duit raya so I can splurge on accessories like shoes.

For Raya, sis suggested that we go back to Penang [to visit granny] on the second day of Raya. After that, a trip to Cameron Highlands.

Reminder to self: book 3 hotel rooms tomorrow for that trip!

No comments: