Friday, February 25, 2005

Funny conversation I had with a guy on my way to Chan Sow Lin station today:

[Guy keeps staring at me which made me put on my jacket back, he then sits next to me]

Guy: hi. you're a student at HELP Uni. College?
Me: Yes.
Guy: What degree you're taking?
Me: Business Admin.
Guy: wow, that's nice. You have classes on Fridays?
Me: no, only Mondays to Thursdays.
Guy: Lucky you, so are you a mixed?
Me: [does that matter really?] No.
Guy: Local?
Me: Yes, pure Malaysian and a Malay.
Guy: Oic, Malay mixed with what then?
Me: Mixed with nothing. Just pure Malay [I hate getting this perception of me being mixed]
Guy: Oic, this is what I do [he hands me a mag]. It's for college students; interested in working for that mag?
Me: no, I stopped working part-time. thanks for the offer.
Guy: how old are you and how tall? must be 5'3 or something.
Me: I'm 21 and my height is not something I think often.
Guy: well, can I have your number in case; if there's a job like for the mag or an exhibition.
Me: Sorry, I don't give out my number. Thanks but I'm focusing on studies right now.
Guy: well, good luck. Too bad for me though.

That's the third time I've been offered a job that way. Told mum about it; she laughed about it.

No comments: