Thursday, September 1, 2005

I'm so exhausted right now. Brother took MC coz he's sick and wants to buy stuff for this Sunday [the big engagement day]. Or bertunang; as we Malays would say it. Finally got the ring, the flowers and other stuff. I practically lost weight waking around Klang town today with my nephew in tow. Luckily, we finally found the wedding shop after 30 minutes of walking around aimlessly! The theme was pink on my family's side while Elly's is light green.

This whole bertunang deal is when the male[future groom] side will visit the girl's side to get to know one another. They exchange gifts [usually the girl's side will give more stuff to the guy's side]. In my bro's case, we're giving 5 trays of gifts [the ring, perfume thingy, clothing, flowers, and hmm..I can't remember what]. Elly will then give us back 7 trays of gifts [no idea what]. Then my mum will put on the ring on Elly's finger. So that's the bertunang ceremony.

I'll be starting classes next Monday. Can't believe I'll be graduating by the end of the year [fingers crossed]. Oh yeah, Merdeka to all Malaysians.

No comments: